The club was formed in 1850 and was originally known as
the Redcar & Coatham Cricket Club and played in the Cleveland &
Teesside Cricket Association League until 1892 when along with five other local
clubs formed the league in 1893 that is now known as the North Yorkshire &
South Durham Premier League. Redcar is the only member of this league to
maintain an unbroken membership since its inception.